Sunday, June 03, 2007

North Melbourne

As promised, here are photos of the townhouse, I (with the bank) are now a home owner of.

North Melbourne Townhouse


No surprise, I am a HUGE fan of North Melbourne and my townhouse. Some little facts:

  • 187 Abbotsford Street, is in fact the storage shed of one of Melbourne's last tramhouses (the façade at the entrance is the only remaining part of the structure). Tramhouses provided the power for Melbourne's cable tram system at the turn of the 20th century.
  • The median price of a house in North Melbourne is 545000; the population is just over 9000 people, 42% are aged between 18-35
  • Only 10% of people living in North Melbourne are owner-occupiers (so a very transient population), 40% are professionals, and the top 10% of income earners are above the national average
  • And as an aside, it also has an above average crime rate - 337 incidents per 1000 people, so I guess I have a 1-in-3 chance of being robbed!
It is an interesting little suburb, somewhere between the grunge popularity of Richmond and the industrial inner-city, but expensive South Melbourne. And Errol Street, North Melbourne is fantastic - it appears every week a new cafe is opening - to cater for the inner city urbanite. Anyway, I have only lived here now for 5 months, so I will report back once I have been here for a little longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have a website, you can use Google Trends for your
website traffic to increase as well. Researches have also found the Broccoli
also contains necessary enzymes such as myrosinase
in it. Thus they can choose from the many available sources.


my homepage: Latest Daily News