Friday, August 25, 2006

Podcasts

Like I said last post, I have been rather slow in using podcasts - I am probably on the tail end of the early majority (ie. mid 34% of the popultation using podcasts, but behind the innovators - top 2.5%, and the early adopters - top 13.5%) on Everett Rogers - theory of diffusion. Nonetheless, I have found that podcasts are ideal for the 15 minute train ride to/from work each day. I can listen to what I want and take in the scenery!

To give a sample, today I listened to:
  • Triple J's Megan Spencer (who is pretty cool) movie reviews - Miami Vice
  • Australia War Memorial address - 'Siege of Tobruk'; a recount of the role 14000 AUS troops aka 'rats of Tobruk' played in denying the 'Desert Fox' Rommel in taking over this strategic port in the second World War
  • The Economist - 'Wide World of Wikis'
A great way to start / end the working day ;) Does anyone know any other good podcasts I am missing?

No comments: